MassAIMH Policy Committee Mission
The mission of the MassAIMH Policy Committee is to keep track of and inform the Association of legislative and political issues affecting children and families. The committee promotes an understanding of the issues and needs of children and families through education efforts with lobbyists, advocates, legislators and other public policy makers. We develop and disseminate position papers on topics related to early childhood mental health for members and for the general public, including parents, caregivers, professionals, and policy makers.
Our 2017 Agenda
- Promote Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health Workforce Development, through the implementation of the Massachusetts Competency Guidelines for Culturally Sensitive, Relationship-focused Practice Promoting Infant Mental Health®.
- Promote the use of DC: 0-5™ (2016), the new Diagnostic Classification System of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood published by ZERO TO THREE by Medicaid and private insurers.
- Inform MassAIMH Members on state-wide public policy and advocacy efforts on behalf of promoting social-emotional well-being of infants, young children and their families.
- Coordination with the Infant-Early Childhood Committee of the Children’s Mental Health Campaign.
- Engage MassAIMH members in discussion of topics related to infant and early childhood mental health.
How to Get Involved
The MassAIMH Policy Committee welcomes new members. If you’re interested in learning more or joining us, please contact either of the co-chairs, Ellen Cullen or Lucy Hudson.
Second Tuesday of Every Month by conference call from 6:00 to 7:30 PM
Roster of MassAIMH Policy Committee Members
Early Childhood Trauma Systems Specialist
Institute for Health and Recovery
Lucy Hudson, M.S. (Co-Chair)
Director, Safe Babies Court Teams Project
ZERO TO THREE
Randi Walsh, M.A.
Aditi Subramaniam, LMHC, R-DMT, CEIS
Program Manager, Early Childhood Mental Health Program
Boston Public Health Commission
Meg Manning, Ed.M
The Children’s Trust
Clinical Coordinator/Boston Site ETTN Associate Director
The Child Witness to Violence Project-Boston Medical Center
Leah Koretz, LMHC, CEIS
Infant & Family Mental Health Counselor
Boston Children’s Hospital Early Intervention Program
Meredith R. Pizzi, MPA, MT-BC
Co-Founder and CEO
Raising Harmony: Music
April Haefner, M.S., CEIS
Thom Boston Metro Early Intervention