Dear members of the MassAIMH community,
It is with such a heavy heart that I post the news of our loss of our dear Berry Brazelton, who so encouraged and contributed to our mission and goals here at MassAIMH. We are grateful for the fact that his was a peaceful death at home. Since his passing on Tuesday, March 13th, there has been an outpouring of expressions of grief and gratitude from the infant and early childhood mental health and related fields across the world. If you haven’t already, you can read more about his wondrous life and contributions in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, and the Washington Post, and listen/watch NBC Nightly News (video clip starts at 0:28) and National Public Radio.
The Brazelton Touchpoints Center here in MA will proceed with the planned celebration of Berry’s life on Monday, April 23rd with the Dr. T. Berry Brazelton Symposium and Celebration honoring his life and legacy.
When: Monday, April 23rd, 2018
What: Dr. T. Berry Brazelton Symposium, Monday, April 23rd, 2018, 9 am-4 pm, $200 per ticket
What: Dr. T. Berry Brazelton: A Celebration of the Life and Legacy, Monday, April 23rd, 2018, 6 pm, $100 per ticket
Where: Boston Marriott Newton, 2345 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton, Massachusetts 02466
More information about the event can be found at www.brazeltontouchpoints.org/honor or by contacting Michael Accardi.
Yours in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health,
Past and Acting President, MassAIMH
P.S.: Many of you have asked about how you can honor Dr. Brazelton and celebrate his life:
- Share tributes, stories, and memories of Dr. Brazelton’s impact on the Brazelton Touchpoints Center’s Facebook page
- Send a note of condolence to the attention of email@example.com or mail to Kayla, c/o Brazelton Touchpoints Center, Boston Children’s Hospital, 1295 Boylston Street, Suite 320, Boston, MA 02215
- Learn more about his extraordinary life and legacy
- Watch one of the many videos online that pay tribute to Dr. Brazelton’s life, work and legacy
- In lieu of flowers, make a memorial contribution to the Brazelton Touchpoints Center to ensure that Dr. Brazelton’s work continues on.